Saturday, March 10, 2012

Edgar Allan Poe Quotes on Etsy


A few of my personal favorite Poe quotes....

“All that we see or seem is but a dream within a dream.”

Beauty of whatever kind, in its supreme development, invariably excites the sensitive soul to tears.


I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity.

“I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it.


“I wish I could write as mysterious as a cat.”

I would define, in brief, the poetry of words as the rhythmical creation of Beauty.”


“If you wish to forget anything on the spot, make a note that this thing is to be remembered.


The true genius shudders at incompleteness - and usually prefers silence to saying something which is not everything it should be.”



“There is an eloquence in true enthusiasm.


And on Etsy....









  “Once upon a midnight dreary, while I pondered, weak and weary,
Over many a quaint and curious volume of forgotten lore —
While I nodded, nearly napping, suddenly there came a tapping,
As of some one gently rapping, rapping at my chamber door.
"'Tis some visiter," I muttered, "tapping at my chamber door —
Only this and nothing more” – The Raven by Edgar Allan Poe


 
Want to read more Edgar Allan Poe?
Shut off all the lights and put on some creepy church organ music then head over here:
Special book coupons might be available for Edgar Allan Poe works.

6 comments:

  1. They are beautiful!
    I am now following you,I do not have GFC so you can follow me via facebook:
    http://www.facebook.com/bijoubydorotatoczek
    have a lovely weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love Poe great quotes, some of my favorites.

    ReplyDelete
  3. my favorite is “All that we see or seem is but a dream within a dream.”

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think I'm gonna use one of theses for my necklaces.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! One of my favorite poets is Poe. I've always loved writing that portrays the fine line between sanity and insanity...its a dance of exploration, and the most exciting. ;D

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment :)