Friday, March 30, 2012

Looking For Writers & Bloggers For A New Online Magazine.



*updated & edited 4/10/2012*

Hello again, Before I get into why I am updating this, I have GREAT news to share! - I have got a professional web designer on board to get things set up for us! Oh and the smartest book girl I know as signed on as our literary editor. Yey! :) 

And now onto the purpose of my update.  Some of you may already know but I have been super busy with setting up things for Honor Flight that I haven't had the time yet to follow up with everyone that contacted me and expressed interest in writing for this new online magazine.  I promise I will get back to everyone as soon as I can and right now what would really help would be to have a master list of everyone that in interested in being a part of this project .  SO that is what I would like to do now with the comments on this post.  Please leave your email, blog/website or any other links that you want to share with me.  I know that I am asking many of you to repeat an Etsy convo or an email you sent to me already so feel free ti copy and paste your original messages because this is just to get it together in one place. 

 Also please include what type of articles you are looking to contribute and how many are you thinking that you can commit to every month.  

I really think that this will help get this just a little better organized because I have messages on here, Etsy and in my email box and I would love to put it all in one place.   Thanks so so much!  I can't wait to get started on this :)

 <3 Jessssssssss



 
Hello Everyone!  As you all probably know my passion is art, writing, charity, and helping other artists in any way that I can.  I believe that it is important for artists to make a living and that is why I try to spotlight as many artists as I can through my blogs, but now I am aiming to do something a little bit bigger. I’m looking to start an online magazine in a similar style as my blog and am looking for anyone that might be interested in contributing articles to the magazine.   I have a couple of talented people already on board as writers but for it to be anything bigger than a blog I do need more…and so I am asking for your help.
I expect for the online magazine to officially launch in the fall of 2012.  You don’t have to be a professional writer; I am just looking for people that are passionate about whatever they are writing about.  I’m looking for writers to cover a huge variety of topics but a few examples would be:
Art (obviously)
Entertainment (music, theater, film, etc)
Fashion/Style
Health/Fitness
Social/News
Love
Family
Faith
Home Décor
Beauty
Crafts
 I am not able to pay anything at the moment as the website domain and design fees are already a stretch on a student budget however it would be a great opportunity to get your name out there.  If own an Etsy shop, we can include that in your writer profile.  This really is a baby project and I am working from the ground up.   My vision is to create a webpage where art, kindness, family and living can come together.  It will be a labor of love and if anyone is interested in working with me on the project, please contact me.  My email is JesseAnneDesigns@gmail.com
I really hope to hear from you!  Even if you want to contribute 1 article a month, I am just looking for sincerity. 


10 comments:

  1. I'm definitely interested and don't worry about payment, just getting more promotion is help enough :). Of course, my hands are pretty full this month, but once I'm in CA in May (hopefully!)I could write on a variety of subjects. I love seeing all the things you are coming up with the different blogs and now a magazine. You are such an inspiration! I'll blog about this too, I know several great bloggers that would probably be interested as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would be more than happy to help you with this! I was actually thinking about doing this, but being a contributor would be much easier. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd be interested in helping out. I am a published researcher (in my day job) but crafting is my passion.

    Amy
    www.AmySueCrafts.com
    www.Etsy.com/shop/AmySueCrafts

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would be interested to fashion illustrate for your magazine
    Check out some illustrations on my Etsy shop!
    http://www.etsy.com/shop/BaleaRaitzART or check out my illustration blog!
    http://balearaitzart.blogspot.co.nz/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would love to write a few pieces for you :) In fact, I have quite a good idea for a piece about love which will be arty as well :)

    When do you need pieces by?

    ReplyDelete
  6. please check out my blog at http://nantubredesigns.wordpress.com to see if you would be interested in something from me. Thanks! Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  7. I know I already commented but you messaged me and asked to leave my contact info and here it is:

    thebeatniq@gmail.com
    http://beatniq.etsy.com
    http://beatniq.net

    ReplyDelete
  8. I write the blog Pinwheel, and would be interested in writing a guest post for crafts for children.
    you can contact me at www.pinwheelblog.blogspot.com or alice.wilson.awesome@gmail.com
    I think I could commit to 1-3 posts a month, as I am quite busy.
    thanks
    Alice

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi, I'm from etsy (Beatrix). I would love to write about health/fitness, beauty, and/or crafts. I would be able to write 2-4 articles a month. You can reach me at mryburne@att.net
    My etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Handmadewithloveee?ref=pr_shop_more

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment :)